Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Name Change For DOT / MC Number

Trucking companies looking to change the name associated with a USDOT and/or MC Number should anticipate a wait time ranging between 24 hours to 7 business days. If a carrier is interested in switching both a USDOT Number and an MC Number, it is necessary to provide the corresponding Tax ID / EIN Number and preexisting USDOT PIN number. If a USDOT PIN Number is lost, a new one can be requested.

Please note, both name changes require the company to file a BOC-3 / Processing Agent after the name has officially been changed.

You May Also Need

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
BOC-3 / Processing Agent
MCS-150 / Biennial Update
Deactivate Motor Carrier
USDOT Pin Request

Information and images contained here are the property of FMCA Filings, LLC; and, they may not be reproduced, reused, or appropriated in any way without the express written consent of the owner.

Federal Motor Carrier Authority Filings, operated by FMCA Filings, LLC is operated by a private third-party provider offering services for a fee. This is a commercial solicitation and advertisement. We are NOT affiliated with any government authority (USDOT/FMCSA).

This website is not affiliated with the Unified Carrier Registration Plan. This website is operated by a private company that provides a private registration service for an additional fee. You are not required to use this site to register with the UCR Plan. You may register directly with the UCR Plan at

© All Rights Reserved By FMCA Filings, LLC