Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Kentucky (KYU)

The KYU number is a tax license issued for the Kentucky Weight Distance Tax. Any motor carrier 59,999 pounds or greater traveling through Kentucky is subject to this tax. Before Kentucky issues the KYU number, they will check a few things to make sure your company is properly registered. First, your USDOT number must be listed as an “Interstate” carrier. Second, if you are for-hire, you must have an “Active” MC number. Finally, you must have a current UCR (Unified Carrier Registration) for your company.

Once you have the number issued, you will need to file your KYU quarterly taxes in a timely manner to keep your license in good standing. The quarterly reports are due the last day of the month following the end of the quarter. The fees per truck include the filing fee.

You May Also Need

New Mexico Weight Distance Tax (WDT)

Information and images contained here are the property of FMCA Filings, LLC; and, they may not be reproduced, reused, or appropriated in any way without the express written consent of the owner.

*Federal Motor Carrier Authority Filings, operated by FMCA Filings, LLC is operated by a private third-party provider offering services for a fee. This is a commercial solicitation and advertisement. We are NOT affiliated with any government authority (USDOT/FMCSA). Filing through the government, fees range from $0 - $35,837. The fee totals listed on our website will reflect the cost with the government, service processing fees and will range from $20 - $48,289.

This website is not affiliated with the Unified Carrier Registration Plan. This website is operated by a private company that provides a private registration service for an additional fee. You are not required to use this site to register with the UCR Plan. You may register directly with the UCR Plan at

© All Rights Reserved By FMCA Filings, LLC