Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

New USDOT Number Application

If you are looking to start a new Motor Carrier or a Brokerage, you can request to start a USDOT Number. USDOT Number is required when:

Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul types and quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number.

You are required to obtain a USDOT number if you have a vehicle that:
- Is used to transport the types and quantities of hazardous materials requiring a safety permit in intrastate commerce (see 49 CFR 385.403).
- Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or
- Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or
- Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation;

Trade, traffic, or transportation in the United States—

- Between a place in a State and a place outside of such State (including a place outside of the United States);
- Between two places in a State through another State or a place outside of the United States; or
- Between two places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

Please note, if we need more information, we will reach out. You may also be required to file BOC-3 and UCR, we will let you know once we have processed your USDOT request the next steps.

You May Also Need

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
BOC-3 / Processing Agent
Deactivate Motor Carrier

Information and images contained here are the property of FMCA Filings, LLC; and, they may not be reproduced, reused, or appropriated in any way without the express written consent of the owner.

*Federal Motor Carrier Authority Filings, operated by FMCA Filings, LLC is operated by a private third-party provider offering services for a fee. This is a commercial solicitation and advertisement. We are NOT affiliated with any government authority (USDOT/FMCSA). Filing through the government, fees range from $0 - $35,837. The fee totals listed on our website will reflect the cost with the government, service processing fees and will range from $20 - $48,289.

This website is not affiliated with the Unified Carrier Registration Plan. This website is operated by a private company that provides a private registration service for an additional fee. You are not required to use this site to register with the UCR Plan. You may register directly with the UCR Plan at

© All Rights Reserved By FMCA Filings, LLC