Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

New York Highway Use Tax (HUT)

Before operating/traveling in New York, you must obtain a certificate of registration and decal for each vehicle subject to the HUT. HUT Certificate of Registration — Required for any truck, tractor, or other self-propelled vehicle with a gross weight over 18,000 pounds.

The New York highway use tax (HUT) is required to be paid by all motor carriers (both interstate and intrastate) operating certain motor vehicles on public highways in the state of New York. The tax is based on miles traveled on New York public highways (excluding toll-paid portions of the New York State Thruway). Carriers subject to the HUT must keep records of the miles traveled each day in New York by each vehicle subject to the tax. The tax rate is determined by the weight of the motor vehicle and the method used to report the tax (chosen by the carrier). These taxes are to be paid every quarter.

You May Also Need

Kentucky (KYU)
New Mexico Weight Distance Tax (WDT)

Information and images contained here are the property of FMCA Filings, LLC; and, they may not be reproduced, reused, or appropriated in any way without the express written consent of the owner.

Federal Motor Carrier Authority Filings, operated by FMCA Filings, LLC is operated by a private third-party provider offering services for a fee. This is a commercial solicitation and advertisement. We are NOT affiliated with any government authority (USDOT/FMCSA).

This website is not affiliated with the Unified Carrier Registration Plan. This website is operated by a private company that provides a private registration service for an additional fee. You are not required to use this site to register with the UCR Plan. You may register directly with the UCR Plan at

© All Rights Reserved By FMCA Filings, LLC